Dell Demps is trying something different in this current small-ball era which is to build around 2 superstar bigs who can do it all offensively. Demarcus Cousins and Anthony Davis seemed to have really good chemistry but Demarcus Cousins is also a free agent this coming summer.
Is this team currently as constructed good enough to get to the Finals? Maybe, they played a very close game against the surging Houston Rockets who are dominating the West behind superstar shooting guard James Harden. Anthony Davis did not play last night and the Pelicans almost won until Harden closed it out with a 3 point dagger.
I’d like to think Anthony Davis would have made a difference in that game defensively resulting in the Pelicans probably beating the Rockets. Teams rumored to have interest in trading are the Bucks,Raptors,Cavs,Wizards, and Blazers. All 5 teams are contenders with the Cavs probably being the best because they have Lebron James. Adding a player like Demarcus Cousins could make any of those 5 teams title contenders and a threat to the Warriors. Let’s take a look:
- Bucks- They have superstar Giannis along with dynamic guard Eric Bledsoe, adding Cousins with Bledsoe who were both teammates in college is instant chemistry and adding Giannis puts them over the top.
2. Cavs- Lebron James arguably the greatest player of all-time gets to play with the best big man in the game? I think they would be pretty scary.
3. Raptors- Derozan and Lowry have involved their teammates more then ever this season as Derozan has blossomed into a playmaker at the 2. Having a dominant center like Cousins makes them a serious threat to the Cavs.
4. Wizards- Wall joins his former teammate in a Kentucky reunion, add sharpshooters Beal and Porter and you’ve got yourself a title contender.
5. Blazers- They severely need a third scoring option, Cousins probably becomes the second option behind Lillard. Might have to trade McCollum to get Cousins, but you have to give in order to receive. Pelicans get a star wing to compliment Davis better, they would both play very well off each other.